Fetal Echocardiography - Simplified
This book aims to guide the reader in properly scanning fetal hearts by explaining the technique and normal and abnormal findings in a simple way, using line diagrams and corresponding ultrasound images.
Salient features of the book:
- Simple language
- Simplified explanation of embryology of fetal heart and its applied aspects in various defects
- Line diagrams and corresponding prenatal ultrasound images of normal fetal heart
- Line diagrams to illustrate the features of observations corresponding to various cardiac defects
- An illustrative atlas of ultrasound images and a list of key features related to various fetal cardiac defects
- Additional chapters on ARSA and left brachiocephalic vein
- Ready reference list of commonly encountered genetic syndromes in the setting of a cardiac defect
About the Author: Dr Nupur Shah is a practising consultant in fetal medicine and prenatal genetics. Following her post-graduation in OB-GY, she pursued her Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF, London-UK)-accredited fellowship from the Apollo Centre of Fetal Medicine under Dr Anita Kaul. She also got the chance to witness, train and learn fetal interventions from Prof Kypros Nicolaides, and fetal echocardiography from Dr Vita Zidere at the Harris Birthright Centre of King’s College Hospital, London. She is FMF-certified for nuchal translucency (NT) scan, anomaly scan, Doppler ultrasound, cervical length screening, preeclampsia screening, and various invasive procedures. She has also completed her fellowship in Medical Genetics from Sir Gangaram Hospital, Delhi. In addition, she holds a postgraduate diploma in gynaecology and abdominal ultrasound (UGC-approved).
She has more than 15 publications to her name, including two published in the ISUOG journal. She is a scientific reviewer for many indexed journals. She is a faculty to online and offline ultrasound courses, including FOGSI, FMFi and FGi. She has been a faculty speaker at various national and international conferences. She has presented her research on the fetal left brachiocephalic vein at the ISUOG World Congress, Singapore, 2018, and on the aberrant right subclavian artery (ARSA) at Asia Pacific Fetal Medicine Congress, 2017.
- Paperback: 150 pages
- Publisher: White Falcon Publishing; 1 edition (2023)
- Author: Nupur Shah
- ISBN-13: 9781636408484
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 1 x 10 Inches
Indian Edition available on:
We Also Recommend